In this article you can find a step-by-step guide to upgrade the firmware of the FLB3205 modem 4G NA.
To perform this procedure, it is mandatory to have a user with FTP server access rights on the Flexy, like the default 'adm' account.
IN THIS ARTICLE
CHECK FOR THE ACTUAL FIRMWARE VERSION
- Open Flexy´s configuration web page and browse to DIAGNOSTICS > SYSTEM INFO >INFO to find the modem´s current firmware version.
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION
- In a browser, go to:
- Scroll down to find modem´s model and the latest firmware.
- Modem updates don´t allow a direct jump to a specific version, it must be updated consecutively.
- Download the firmware and make sure it's named "ewonfwr.edf".
COPYING THE FILE
- Open an FTP application (for this example WIN SCP is used).
- Login to the Flexy device.
- Once connected, on the left panel navigate to the firmware file we downloaded earlier.
- If asked to overwrite the existing file, click 'YES'.
- Once the file has been transferred, close the FTP application.
- The USR led will switch colors while the upgrade is being done (This phase can take from 5 to 15 minutes to finish).
- After the upgrade is finished, the Flexy will automatically reboot.
- Make sure the firmware was updated by going to DIAGNOSTICS > SYSTEM INFO >INFO (You may need to refresh the browser page).
© HMS Networks AB 2022