This article describes the different ways you can update your Ewon remotely.
Ewon Flexy, Ewon Cosy131
Not applicable for Cosy+
To be able to proceed the firmware update of your Ewon device remotely, it needs to be already configured on Talk2M and be ONLINE.
IN THIS ARTICLE
This section lists the specific major sections in this article. This could be for example if there are more than one way to solve the problem this lists the different ways and a link to the section describing that particular way.
CONNECT TO YOUR EWON DEVICE USING ECATCHER
- Open eCatcher & connect to your Talk2M account.
- Select the Ewon device to upgrade and click “Connect”.
- Once connected, the Ewon device will be visible in the active connection window.
UPGRADE YOUR EWON DEVICE USING EBUDDY
- Open eBuddy and click “Refresh”.
- The connected Ewon device will be visible in the Talk2M device section.
- Select the Ewon device, then press F3 or browse Tools\Update Firmware.
- Enter the credential of the Ewon device.
- A last warning pop-up is displayed as reminder that this operation is done remotely.
- Select the firmware version to apply and click next.
- eBuddy will now download the firmware file and transfer it to the Ewon device.
- Once transferred, the firmware upgrade process starts.
- Due to the remote upgrade process, the Ewon detection can be longer than usual.
Default setting and configuration will bring it back automatically in eBuddy.
Note : Slow connection or configuration can impact the automatic return of the Ewon device. In this
situation, the upgrade wizard will timeout indicating that the Ewon is not replying anymore.
A new connection to your Ewon device via eCatcher will confirm that the Ewon device is now
UPGRADE YOUR EWON DEVICE USING FTP
- Connect to your Ewon using an FTP client (in this example Filezilla). Enter the IP of your Ewon (LAN IP or VPN IP) and the credentials of your device.
- In the FTP client, browse your PC folders to find the firmware file. To transfer it to the Ewon, it has to be named "ewon.upkg".
- Upload the firmware.