This article describes how to connect a Ewon Flexy to multiple LAN networks.
The Ewon is designed by default to work with only one LAN network, however, to allow connection to more than one LAN network, connection to a router is required to provide a gateway to the additional network.
Ewon configuration Wizard.
IN THIS ARTICLE
These are the 3 steps connecting multiple LAN networks.
- Step 1: Use a router for each different LAN network
- Step 2: Configure the static routes table in the eWON Wizard
- Step 3: Configure manually routes to the PC with the command ROUTE ADD
Step 1 details :
If the eWON IP address 192.168.2.1, 255.255.255.0.
Machine LAN IP address1 is 192.168.3.0, 255.255.255.0
Machine LAN IP address2 is 192.168.4.0, 255.255.255.0
Router1 WAN IP address for Machine LAN 1: 192.168.2.3
Router2 WAN IP address for Machine LAN 2: 192.168.2.4
Step 2 details :
On the Ewon Flexy, navigate to Setup>System>Communication>Networking Routing>Static routes tables.
The static routes table gateway corresponds to the router WAN IP which must be within the same range as the eWONs IP address.
Step 3 details :
On eCatcher side, after having connected the eWON, you must add routes manually to the PC with the command ROUTE ADD.
1. Open a cmd prompt as an Administrator (Run as admin)
2. Type "ROUTE ADD 192.168.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.212.3.6"
2. Type "ROUTE ADD 192.168.4.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.212.3.6"
where 10.212.3.6 is the eWON VPN IP that you can see in eCatcher.
You can use a BAT file to automate that.