This article addresses a bug in the system, that prevents logging into the Cosy+ whenever there is a plus sign in the password. Currently, this is only applicable to the Ewon Cosy+ with firmware version 21.0s1, and it will be fixed in the next firmware versions.
- Ewon Cosy+ with firmware version 21.0s1.
ISSUE/ QUESTION / SYMPTOM
- Password restrictions on Cosy+
When creating a password for the Cosy+ on the webpage, the password needs to be at least 12 characters long and respect 3 of the following conditions:
- include at least one lowercase character
- include at least one uppercase character
- include at least one digit
- include at least one special character, any other character except the plus sign character “+”
Please note that the special character “+” (plus sign) is not advisable to be part of your password. Even though our system will allow you to create a password with the plus sign in it, you will not be able to login into your device because you will receive a password error. This is a current bug in the system, and it will be addressed in the next firmware versions.
to solve this issue if you have already created a password that contains a plus sign in it and now you are not able to login into your device:
- Password Reset
You can easily reset your password by performing a level 2 reset on your device. Please follow the instructions on how to perform a level 2 factory reset on our Reference Guide for Ewon Cosy+.
- Password Workaround
If resetting the password is not a good option for you, you can replace the plus sign (+) character in your password with the percentage character followed by the number 2 and the capital letter B “%2B”, which is the URL escape code for the plus sign (+).
- For example, if your password is “MyEwon+cosy1”, then replace the “+” with the “%” when logging in, so you can login with “MyEwon%2Bcosy1” without having to initially change your password.
For more information about the Cosy+ please read Technical Evolution From Cosy 131 to Cosy+
and our Reference Guide for Ewon Cosy+.