This article explains how to create a backup of your Ewon using eBuddy.
Ewon COSY, Ewon Flexy
- To create a backup, you first need to have installed the eBuddy software. If not installed yet, you can download it by clicking here.
- Connect the Ewon to your PC (locally or by eCatcher).
- Open the eBuddy software.
IN THIS ARTICLE
WHY CREATE A BACKUP?
There are several reasons for you to create a backup :
- The support team asked you to for analysis purposes. In this case, don't forget to check the 'include support files' option when creating it (see step 3).
- Save the current configuration of your Ewon in case you have to restore it later.
- Copy the configuration of an Ewon and apply it to another one. In this case, after restoring the new Ewon with the backup, don't forget to run the T2M wizard on it. Otherwise, your new Ewon will be registered as the old one in T2M and you'll have connection issues.
HOW TO CREATE A BACKUP?
- Click on the Ewon you wish to back up.
If you are connected to this Ewon through Talk2M using eCatcher, this Ewon shows up at
the top of the list.
If your Ewon is not listed, make sure you Ewon is properly connected to your PC.
- Hit the Backup/Restore button from the top menu.
- Choose to back up your Ewon. Leave the box “Include Support Files” unchecked unless told otherwise by your support representative.
If the “Include Support Files” option is checked, Ewon attaches files that can help the support team diagnose an issue.
- Click on Next.
Set the required information :
- S/N or IP address: The serial number or the IP address of the Ewon you want to back up. If you highlighted your Ewon in step 1, the serial number is already provided. If you are connected to your Ewon through Talk2M using Catcher, you can provide the serial number, the LAN IP address or the VPN IP address.
- Username: the login of the “adm” user.
- Password: the password of the “adm” user.
- Click on Next.
Provide the path to a folder where the backup file should be stored.
Click on Next. At the end of the process, eBuddy displays a message stating the status (success or failure).
Click on Finish. Your backup file has been created and is available in the folder you indicated earlier.