This article describes how to monitor the VPN traffic or Data usage.
How can I monitor my VPN traffic or data usage?
[The following is applicable only to account administrators]
There are several ways to monitor your VPN traffic or data usage at any time using the eCatcher software.
You should use the latest eCatcher version (v6.6 or higher) to take advantage of latest Talk2M features and enhancements.
Software download: eCatcher
When logging in to your Talk2M account using eCatcher with administrator rights, the bottom status bar displays your current VPN / data (Datamailbox) usage: this is the percentage of traffic used versus your Talk2M plan limits.
The percentage is highlighted in different color:
- Orange: usage percentage >= 80%
- Red: usage percentage >= 100%
When hovering the mouse over the percentage, a tooltip will show more detailed information about your usage and the total included in your Talk2M plan.
For instance: 2.58GB consumed over 4GB included.
Credit and contract section
In the Account tab > Credit & Contract section, you can find the amount of:
- VPN traffic used in GB
- Data upload usage in million datapoints (Datamailbox)
* Included VPN Traffic & Datamailbox Datapoints are defined by your Talk2M Plan
In the Account tab, the Report button gives you access to all eCatcher reports:
- The “Financial Report” shows a quick overview of your consumption
- The “Connection Log Report” shows a detailed report of all the traffic/data usage per Ewon and all the connections. This document will be useful to identify at a glance which devices are using the most VPN traffic/Data
Download the Connection Log Report.
You can either download the report for the current month or for any of the previous months by clicking on the arrows on the left.
This report includes:
- Monthly Total;
- Detailed report of all the traffic/data usage per Ewon;
- List of all the connections established to any device.