In this article the PR firmware for Ewon Flexy is explained.
What is a PR firmware?
PR stands for prerelease.
The release of a firmware version takes place in 2 phases:
- First, we release a version labeled as PR for prerelease (e.g.: 12.1s1PR).
- Later, in a time frame of 2 - 3 months, we will release the official version (e.g.: 12.1s1), without the PR suffix.
By doing so, we allow people to take advantage of new features and improvements in an early stage. We are also expressing our belief in the concerned PR firmware version to be an upcoming official release.
It is good to notice that during a PR version:
- The installation of such PR versions is not advised to be performed on devices which should be deployed or commissioned. We would advise to wait for the official release version.
- Documentation and other support tools can still be in the process of creation/publishing. They might be available but not fully done.
- Marketing/sales materials may not be published until the official release. It may also happen that marketing release is provided earlier than the official release, for preannouncement purposes.