This article describes how to upgrade firmware for Anybus Communicator.
Download the latest firmware from Anybus official website:
1. Enter the Communicator article number and search on Anybus technical support page.
2. Click “Firmware” button.
3. Download the latest firmware.
IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Use ethernet cable to connect PC with the Communicator X1 port.
- The Communicator configuration port default IP address is 192.168.0.10
- Set the PC a static IP address within the same IP address range as the Communicator IP address.
（Recommend: Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser）
3. Upload the firmware file.
- On the “Files & firmware” page
- Click “Upload”
- Click “Select firmware file(.hiff)”
- Find the firmware file
- Click “Open”
- Click “Update Firmware”
4. System firmware upgrade.
- This process takes about 5 minutes
- No operation is required during this period
- Don't power down the Communicator
- √ indicates the upgrade is complete.
- The Communicator automatically reboots, for the upgrade to take effect.