Talk2M allows admins to set custom password requirements for users of the account. Admins can also set options like password expiry and preventing the same password from being reused. Finally, two-factor authentication policies can be managed in the same place.
What are the password policy options for Talk2M?
The absolute minimum password requirement for Talk2M is a length of 6 characters. Additionally, the following requirements can be added:
- Minimum length of up to 45 characters
- At least one letter
- At least one digit
- At least one special character
- At least one digit OR one special character
Beyond the requirements for a single password, some options are available for future passwords:
- Passwords expire after between 10 and 970 days
- Users must create between 1 and 999 different successive passwords
Note: after enabling password expiry, passwords will expire immediately and must be changed.
Finally, some two-factory authentication options are available:
- Two-factor authentication is enabled by default for new users
- The 'Remember this PC' option is allowed
- Remember this PC expires after between 30 and 999 days
All of these settings can be found when logged into eCatcher as in admin within the Account section.
Fig 1. The Security Policy section in eCatcher's Account settings